Follow NYGCrochet on Twitter

Friday, May 27, 2011

The Graduation Dress

I crocheted my niece a dress for graduation in Aunt Lydia's size 10 dark royal crochet thread. I used her measurements and size and obtained details about the length and style she wanted as well as the color. I worked feverishly to get it finished in time since this was a rush order and shipped it to her in California.

SHE LOVED IT! It fit her perfectly, and she loved the color and my design. My sister just called me tonight and informed me that it was a hit at the graduation! All the girls and parents loved it, so hopefully this will lead to future orders for clothing, accessories, maybe even a formal dress or two for homecoming, prom, or winter formal. I will post a pic as soon as I get it.

I am currently working on two dresses and one blanket. One is a dark royal blue dress for me and the other is a sample to showcase my work. It is a creamy colored 1920's inspired gown with pearl beads accenting the neckline and empire waistline. I will post pics of these as soon as they are finished. I am also working on a family blanket as a gift. It is a white, personalized blanket/afghan/throw with all the names of the immediate family stitched into it. Again, I will post a pic as soon as it's finished.

1 comment: